Information Technology Manager
Beltrami Electric Cooperative (BEC) is seeking qualified candidates for an Information Technology Manager.
BEC offers an excellent pay and benefits package and the opportunity to be a part of a progressive organization. BEC is a member-owned electric distribution cooperative providing power to over 17,000 member-owners within a 3,000 square mile service area. The Bemidji area has long earned raves as a four-season destination for world-class hunting, fishing, bicycling, boating and snow sports amid the beauty of the north woods. Bemidji is a friendly, family community with top-tier higher education, outstanding K-12 schools, a major health care center and convenient air service.
This position is responsible for coordinating, planning and directing IT-related activities of the organization. Provides direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT Department. Works closely with decision makers in other departments to identify, recommend, develop, implement and support cost-effective technology solutions for all aspects of the organization. Define and implement IT policies, procedures and best practices.
A Bachelor's degree (B. A. or B.S.) from a four‑year college or university in Computer Science, Information Systems or a related degree is required. Minimum of five years experience managing or directing information and technology functions and three years of leading or directing others.
- Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, development, upgrade and support of all IT systems, including servers, PC’s, operating systems, hardware, software and peripherals.
- Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services by provided to employees and board members.
- Work with stakeholders to define business and system requirements for new technology implementations.
- Lead IT Department operational and strategic planning, including fostering innovation, planning projects, and organizing and negotiating the allocation of resources.
- Develop and implement all IT policies and procedures, including those for architecture, security, disaster recovery, standards, purchasing and service provisions.
- Manage financial aspects of the IT Department, including purchasing, budgeting, and budget review. Develop business case justification and cost/benefit analyses for IT spending and initiatives.
- Fulfills supervisory responsibilities including planning, scheduling, delegating, training, appraising, and coaching. Sets procedures and practices relative to IT Department.
- Negotiate and administer contracts with vendors, out-sourcers and consultants for services and products.
- Keep current on latest technologies and evaluate their potential to bring value to the Cooperative.
- Collaborate with staff members to meet strategic goals and provide industry leadership with regards to technology advancements. Evaluate and recommend technology in view of organization goals and objectives.
- Maintain effective internal and external relationships to enhance information transfer, productivity and the ability to influence decisions.
- Supervise, schedule and maintain the computer operations systems necessary for the cooperative to function in the most efficient and economical way.
- Maintains accurate and up to date backups of cooperative systems and data. Ensures backups are functioning correctly on a regular basis. Communicates with Staff members to maintain up to date backup procedures. Provides reports of backup testing to Director of Strategy and Corporate Services on an annual basis
- Develop, integrate, document, support, and maintain new and existing computer information systems, operational procedures, training routines, and software to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the cooperative’s office and business practices.
- Maintain telecommunications and auxiliary support devices that are necessary for cooperative operations.
- Evaluate, purchase, implement, and maintain new and existing hardware and software systems, following BEC’s purchase order and budgeting procedure.
- Oversees the routine technical service and support for computer information systems and business equipment, analysis and diagnosis of faults and symptoms using established processes and procedures, and correction of errors to maintain personal computers, servers and communications equipment.
- Provide systems planning, design, and programming for in-house software applications, customized reporting, and modifications to out-sourced software applications.
- Assist department users in daily computer operations.
Please send resume, cover letter, salary expectations and professional references no later than November 1st, 2017 to: Kay Olson, Beltrami Electric Cooperative, PO Box 488, Bemidji MN 56619 or email to email@example.com. Beltrami Electric Cooperative is an Equal Opportunity Provider and Employer. M/F/Vets/Disabled.